Synopsis Voice assistants are not only answering queries and shopping, but also being used for smart home control. Related Ratan Tata breaks his silence on start-ups post-Covid, says crisis will force entrepreneurs to adapt Mark Wahlberg’s burger chain to donate food to frontliners fighting against Covid-19 Production of world’s longest-running cartoon comes to halt due to Covid WASHINGTON: In a world suddenly fearful of touch, voice technology is getting a fresh look. Voice-activated systems such as Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Apple’s Siri have seen strong growth in recent years, and the virus pandemic could accelerate that, analysts say. Voice assistants are not only answering queries and shopping, but also being used for smart home control and for a range of business and medical applications which could see increased interest as people seek to limit personal contact. “Voice has already made significant inroads into the smart home space and voice control can mean avoiding commonly touched surfaces around the home from smartphones, to TV remotes, light switches, thermostats, door handles and more,” said analyst Jonathan Collins of ABI Research. The pandemic is likely to provide “additional motivation and incentive for voice control in the home that will help drive awareness… Read full this story
- Best smart plugs of 2020: Solutions for Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Siri homes
- Apple Siri vs Amazon Alexa vs Google Assistant: Tests reveal which is smartest
- Amazon launches Voice Interoperability Initiative -- without Google, Apple or Samsung
- Hey Alexa, what's my PIN? Hackers could use voice assistants to work out what users are typing on their smartphones from the sound of their fingers tapping the screen
- Fury as Amazon Alexa ‘spreading antisemitic conspiracies’ that Jews ‘run the world’ and Holocaust denial
- Pac-Man: Waka Waka Is An Amazon Alexa Exclusive With Voice Control
- Best Alexa Devices 2020
- Amazon Echo Dot Kids Edition (4th Gen) review: Like taking candy from Google Assistant
- Amazon’s Alexa bans The Pogues’ Fairytale Of New York over its ‘explicit lyrics’
- What is Amazon’s Alexa, and what can it do?
In a world fearful of touch, voice assistants like Amazon's Alexa, Apple's Siri are making our lives easier have 333 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at May 11, 2020. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.