Disney Plus, the entertainment giant’s online hub for streaming almost everything it produces, has been an unrivaled hit among the wave of new services that launched in the last year. Disney Plus streams shows and movies from Disney franchises, including Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar, and all the family-friendly movies and animation from Disney itself. It also has new originals and programming it acquired by taking over Fox such as The Simpsons. On Friday, it began streaming its latest surprise release: A film version of the award-winning musical Hamilton, recorded as a live stage capture of the original Broadway cast. Coinciding with the Independence Day holiday weekend in the US, the Hamilton film is coming to stream more than a year earlier than its originally planned theatrical debut. Hamilton was meant to be released in theaters in October next year. Instead, Disney made it available to stream with a $7 monthly subscription early Friday morning. For more Mobile Subscribe to the Mobile newsletter, receive notifications and see related stories on CNET. It’s the latest twist to Disney Plus during the coronavirus pandemic. As the coronavirus has shuttered cinemas and forced families to entertain themselves almost completely at home, Disney has been tweaking Disney Plus’ role to bring them a… Read full this story
- Disney Plus documentary promises tour of Disney World's 'underground city'
- A late-night muppet-hosted show is coming to Disney Plus, report says
- Disney Plus is getting a late-night talk show hosted by a muppet
- The Mandalorian release schedule on Disney Plus has leaked
- Disney Plus, Star Wars The Mandalorian, Marvel news: What to expect at Disney's D23 Expo
- Disney Plus: Launch dates, prices, preorders, deals, shows and movies to expect
- Star Wars on Disney Plus: Everything we know about the Obi-Wan Kenobi TV show
- Free Disney Plus: The cheapest ways to get a year subscription
- Everything We're Excited for at This Year's Disney Mega Convention, the D23 Expo
- Disney is new to streaming, but its marketing is unmatched
Disney Plus: Everything you need to know have 322 words, post on www.cnet.com at July 3, 2020. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.