Secret UK trade documents used by then Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn to attack the Government were stolen by Russian hackers from the email account of former international trade secretary Liam Fox, it was reported today. The Department of International Trade documents on post-Brexit trade talks with the US were brandished by the hard Left MP at a press conference in November, days before he led his party to a catastrophic vote defeat at the hands of Boris Johnson. The Reuters news agency today cited sources who said they were taken from the email of Dr Fox, who had been removed from his post by Boris Johnson the previous July. The sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity because a criminal investigation is underway, said the hackers accessed the account multiple times between July 12 and October 21 last year. The account was said to have been the victim of a ‘spear phishing’ message, where users are tricked into handing over their log-in details and password. They declined to name which Russian group or organisation they believed was responsible, but said the attack bore the hallmarks of a state-backed operation. The Kremlin did not immediately respond to a request for comment today. … Read full this story
- Liam Fox is latest in long line of victims duped by Russia's GRU
- Russians hacked Liam Fox's personal email to get US-UK trade dossier
- Russia is hacking virus vaccine trials, US, UK, Canada say
- Boris Johnson demands 'transparent' probe into Alexei Navalny's 'poisoning'
- Osborne rules himself OUT of Tory leadership race saying he 'can't provide the unity my party needs'
- Shameless Putin bounces on stage at rally to celebrate annexation of Crimea as Russia warns 'our response will not be long in coming' after May vows to expel 23 spies, cancels contact with Moscow and calls for sanctions
- NCSC departing boss reflects on China, Russia and trust in tech
- Boris Johnson meets Tories' top strategist Sir Lynton Crosby for breakfast as he plots his route to number 10
Russian cyber-criminals 'hacked into Cabinet minister Liam Fox's emails and stole secret "NHS for sale" documents that were leaked to Jeremy Corbyn before the General Election' have 322 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 3, 2020. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.