Fox News political contributor and Republican consultant Karl Rove suggested that President Donald Trump needs African-American voter turnout to be low in Philadelphia if he hopes to win the state in the upcoming presidential election against Democratic rival Joe Biden . The polling average compiled by RealClearPolitics for Pennsylvania currently suggests that Biden is favored to win the state, with less than a week to Election Day on November 3. Analysts have pointed to a dip in Black voters in the key swing state—and across the country—in 2016 compared to 2012, saying this helped Trump pull off a narrow win. Former President Barack Obama carried Pennsylvania in 2008 and 2012. Black voters are viewed as a crucial base of support for the Democratic Party, with Biden’s victory in the Democratic primaries buoyed by the community. Rove said that turnout in the Black community in Philadelphia would need to remain at “the 2016 level” if Trump wanted to pull off another victory in Pennsylvania. The Quote Trump’s “gotta hope for three things to happen. That turnout in Philadelphia remains at the 2016 level, particularly in the African-American community. And that he keeps those counties that he flipped last time around and… Read full this story
- As world reels from haunting pictures of children, Fox News commentator asks Trump not to fall for crying ‘child actors'
- Fox News Legal Expert Says Roe v. Wade is Safe No Matter Who Donald Trump Picks for Supreme Court
- Charles Krauthammer, longtime conservative columnist and Fox News personality, dead at 68
- Place 19 of 52: A Celebration of African-American Culture in Baltimore
- Trump needs to know we don’t think it’s fine to stick babies in cages
- San Francisco Elects First African-American Woman As Mayor
- First African-American woman elected as San Francisco’s mayor
- DeAndre Hopkins says Trump too 'closed-minded' to listen to NFL players
- White House says Trump supports "moderate" GOP immigration bill after confusion
- White House says Eagles abandoned their fans as Trump scraps visit to avoid low turnout
Fox News Analyst Says Trump Needs African-American Turnout to Be Low in Pennsylvania to Win have 321 words, post on www.newsweek.com at October 28, 2020. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.