Economists at UCLA have predicted another ‘roaring 20s’ with surging economic growth after effective coronavirus vaccines become widely available. ‘The ’20s will be roaring, but with several months of hardship first,’ they wrote for the quarterly UCLA Anderson forecast, which is due to be released on Wednesday, according to the Los Angeles Times. ‘These next few months will be dire, with rising COVID infections, continued social distancing, and the expiration of social assistance programs.’ ‘With a vaccine and the release of pent-up demand, the next few years will be roaring as the economy accelerates and returns to previous growth trends,’ wrote Leo Feler, a senior economist with the forecast. ‘We expect a surge in services consumption and continued strength in housing markets to propel the economy forward.’ The UCLA forecast assumes mass vaccination of Americans will take place by summer. An FDA panel is set to meet on Thursday to review Pfizer’s vaccine, which has already been approved in the UK. Economists at UCLA have predicted another ‘roaring 20s’ with surging economic growth following widespread vaccination. Pictured, flappers do the Charleston in the 1920s UCLA economists predict that annualized GDP growth will accelerate from a weak 1.2 percent in the… Read full this story
- Hot in 2012: Mirror columnists predict next year's trends in film, TV, sport, music, travel, soaps, celebs, fashion, technology, books and cars
- The Hill's Morning Report - Intel panel readies to hand off impeachment baton
- ‘To be or not to be?’ That is the question for voters on Saturday
- The global economy is slowing down. What can governments do about it?
- Eurozone crisis live: ECB action cheers markets - as it happened
- The Rush Limbaugh of Brazil lives in rural Virginia
- The Gun Industry’s Deadly Addiction
- The dark history of Donald Trump's rightwing revolt
- Being Around Smart People Makes Us More Innovative
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 6
Americans should get ready for the 'roaring 20s' say UCLA economists as they predict 'gloomy COVID winter and an exuberant vaccine spring' - followed by strong economic growth have 303 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 9, 2020. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.