Microsoft Flight Simulator is a simulator in the classic sense, practically a teaching tool in its realism and attention to detail. But a new update adds even more verisimilitude, by letting you fly everything from puddle jumpers to jumbo jets while immersed in a VR headset.An update on the Xbox blog announced the sim update 2, which makes the game work with a variety of VR headsets. Those include the Windows Mixed Reality headsets, along with the headsets from Oculus, Valve, and HTC. Just make sure you’ve updated to the latest version of Flight Simulator before you strap on your headset and take to the skies.Flight Simulator already uses a first-person perspective with realistic dashboards and control panels for lots of aircraft, and actually taking off, flying, and landing your plane takes a high degree of skill. With the VR update, you’ll have to manage all that and your airsickness.According to the release notes, the patch also includes an update to its live weather system with data to include snow and ice coverage, new liveries, and other improvements. You can check out the full patch notes below.SIM UPDATE 2 (18.104.22.168) is now available for download on the Microsoft Store and… Read full this story
- Microsoft Flight Simulator latest mode doesn’t take full advantage of VR’s potential
- Microsoft Flight Simulator now has real-time snow
- Microsoft Flight Simulator is too slow to keep up with this third-party F-15 add-on
- Are there any VR games you're looking forward to in 2021?
- impressions: A heavy asterisk at launch for PC players [Updated]
- UK weather: Beast from the East snowstorm warning after coldest night in 2 years
- UK weather: Warning some towns could be ‘cut off’ with snow to blanket ice-ravaged Britain this weekend
- No Man's Sky patch notes: Origins Update 3.0 adds new worlds, sandworms, and more
- Eurogamer readers' top 50 games of 2020
- Please insert disc:
Microsoft Flight Simulator VR Update Out Now, Adds Winter Weather Tracking have 307 words, post on www.gamespot.com at December 22, 2020. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.