She glides through the ballroom in a clinging, gold lame gown, turning heads and casting glacial smiles. It’s an infamous clip from the U.S. satirical show, Saturday Night Live, and actress Scarlett Johansson is playing a pouty Ivanka Trump in a spoof advertisement for a fragrance: ‘Complicit. For the woman who could stop all this . . . but won’t.’ The breathy voiceover mockingly exalts the ‘First Daughter’s’ self-proclaimed status as ‘a feminist, an advocate, a champion for women’, but when Johansson’s Ivanka pauses to reapply lipstick in the mirror, she sees her father gurning back at her. ‘Complicit,’ the voiceover adds, is ‘also available in a cologne for Jared’ — that’s Ivanka’s husband Jared Kushner. On the night it appeared, the New York studio audience hooted with contemptuous laughter — and today, nearly four years later, hostility towards ‘Javanka’, as the pair are nicknamed, has never been more intense. For four years Ivanka and Jared, both 39, lorded it over the White House as presidential advisers, with no experience or specialist expertise but with limitless reserves of Trumpian self-confidence and raw ambition. Now they will soon be out of a job — and out in the cold when it… Read full this story
- Biographer: Ivanka Trump is ‘delusional’ if she thinks father’s presidency won’t tarnish her
- The 60 Best Songs Ever Written About New York City
- Donald Trump’s Seventies Convention Center Purchase Was as Suspect as Any of His Deals Today
- These Progressive Candidates Want New Yorkers To Care About State Politics Again
- For Trump, Dutiful Words of Grief, Then Off to the Next Fight
- An hour-by-hour guide to the race to win the House
- Will Trump bring 'America First' to UN?
- POLITICO Playbook: Trump's Republican Washington has been broken
- Kimberly Guilfoyle actually believes Californians are ready to embrace Trump’s MAGA agenda
- POLITICO Playbook: Will the House be decided on Election Day?
TOM LEONARD: From Park Avenue princess to pariah... she was the toast of New York who then ruled the roost at the White House. But as her father refuses to concede defeat, Ivanka Trump and her husband Jared are facing social Siberia have 308 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 2, 2020. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.