The Australian government has warned travellers to not get excited about overseas travel despite Qantas putting international tickets on sale from July 1, saying there’s no guarantee they will be able fly as long as Australia’s international borders stay shut. Deputy Prime Minister and Transport Minister Michael McCormack said the international border will only fully reopen once Covid-19 is no longer a public health risk. “Decisions about when international travel resumes will be made by the Australian government,” he said on Tuesday. The Australian government has banned citizens from leaving the country unless they receive an exemption, which can include travel for business or on compassionate grounds. McCormack said while ticket sales were a “commercial decision for airlines”, Australian borders may remain closed by the middle of this year. READ MORE:Qantas CEO says vaccines might open international borders sooner than ‘travel bubbles’Jetstar axes trans-Tasman sales, Air NZ sets sights on full bubble opening early 2021Air New Zealand boss says trans-Tasman flights unlikely until March Qantas said its decision to start selling international tickets was based on its best projections of a vaccine rollout, and that customers will be refunded, rebooked or given travel credits if flights don’t go ahead. The… Read full this story
- Egypt, Russia to resume direct flights two years after plane crash
- Jet Airways Offers Up To 30% Discount On Select International Flight Tickets
- AirAsia's New Offer: Avail Discount On Domestic, International Flight Tickets
- US-Bangla Airlines offers discounts on domestic, international flights
- Telecom Commission clears proposal for in-flight mobile services
- 12-year-old travels to Bali after boarding a Jetstar flight with ease
- Norwegian Air Flight At Bradley A Tough Sell From The Start
- Best Offers From IndiGo, GoAir, Jet Airways, AirAsia On Flight Tickets. Details Here.
- Jet Airways New Schemes: Discount On Flight Tickets, Cashback Offer, Contest Offer, More
- GoAir Offers Domestic Flight Tickets At Rs 1,608. Details Here
Qantas to resume international flights sales from July have 306 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at January 5, 2021. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.