Kindly Share This Story: By David Odama PRESIDENT, Tiv Development Association, TIDA, Comrade Peter Ahemba and other leaders of the association in Nasarawa state, have called for more collaboration between governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa state and his Benue counterpart, Samuel Ortom to end the current massacre in the two states. The Tiv Development Association who spoke through its president, peter Ahemba, said sustained collaboration between the two state governors would enhance border security and bring the current wave of killings in the two states to a stop. "The current security situation in Nasarawa and Benue states requires more synergy from the two governors and other relevant stakeholders from both states to be able to overcome the prevailing challenges" READ ALSO: I'm working tirelessly to end Jukun, Tiv crisis – Gov. Ishaku The TIDA President who recalled that the Nasarawa state governor has since assumption of office in 2019 demonstrated his commitment to partner his Benue state counterpart for the sustenance of peace in the two states, lamented the continuous killing especially at the border areas of the two states. While stressing the need for all stakeholders of the affected states to support the peace initiative with every sense of… Read full this story
- How the North will decide Buhari’s successor ―Sen, NEF leader
- Create your own Operation Amotekun now – Middle-Belt Forum tells governors
- Jonestown: 13 Things You Should Know About Cult Massacre
- Insecurity: Fire service chiefs now, Senators, Reps tell Buhari
- Standoff between Priyanka Gandhi, UP government ends
- Holocaust Survivor Warns Western Leaders Have Adopted 'Hate' As 'Their Slogan'
- Insecurity: North Central govs, stakeholders adopt community policing
- Insecurity: Buhari’s surprise shocks Nigerians
- Senate to Buhari: Declare national security emergency
- The Establishment Will Never Say No to a War
Nasarawa/Benue killings: End massacre now, Tiv leaders tell Sule, Ortom have 283 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.