Chinese electric vehicle maker NIO ( NYSE:NIO ) first said it would be impacted by the global semiconductor shortage in late March when it announced a five-day factory closure. The company still managed to hit its original production target range for the first quarter, but the numbers are now being affected. Today, NIO announced May 2021 deliveries of 6,711 vehicles, a 5.5% drop versus April. The company said in a statement that vehicle deliveries for the month were “adversely impacted for several days due to the volatility of semiconductor supply and certain logistical adjustments.” NIO ES6 electric SUV. Image source: NIO. Though May represented a monthly sequential drop, deliveries were still 95.3% higher than in the same period last year on strong demand. The growing demand in China is what prompted Citigroup analyst Jeff Chung to upgrade NIO to a buy rating today, telling clients in a note that the automaker should continue to see accelerating demand in the coming months, according to CNBC. Chung advised clients to buy on any weakness, saying he sees more than 50% upside for the stock. Some of that confidence might have come from comments from NIO management, as the company reiterated its previous… Read full this story
- Amazon testing delivery by drone, CEO Bezos says
- Axed Citigroup director hits back at analyst who accused him of stalking, harassing her
- Grocery delivery can save you time. But is it worth the fees?
- Hurricane Irma gas shortages could worsen as drivers return to Florida homes
- Venezuelan chefs get creative to keep fares affordable amid food shortages
- UPS, FedEx halt delivery to major areas of Texas, Louisiana amid storm
- Obama speech: "Don't buy something you can't afford"
- The Score Hears: Here’s to you, Captain as new Derek Jeter-themed cocktails set to hit NYC sports bars
- As Nasdaq win streak hits 9, investors wonder: Can it last?
- Snooki's dad hits the town flaunting money, using 'Shore' star as bragging rights - but strikes out
NIO Deliveries in May Hit by Chip Shortage, but Analyst Says "Buy" have 315 words, post on www.fool.com at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.