The first beta of Apple’s upcoming HomePod Software Version 15.1 has reintroduced Lossless and Dolby Atmos with Spatial Audio support to the company’s smart speakers. After launching Apple Music Lossless and Spatial Audio in May, the company said that the HomePod mini and HomePod would receive support at a later date. Apple added lossless support in a prior beta, but removed it before the official release of Software Version 15. Now, in HomePod Software Version 15.1 beta 1, Apple has reintroduced both of those features, suggesting that support could launch when the final version of the software is released to the public. 9to5Mac first spotted the new features in the latest beta. Users running the HomePod beta software can enable the features in the Home app by tapping on Home Settings, Media, and Apple Music. First introduced earlier in 2021, lossless audio and Spatial Audio are two features baked into Apple MusicThe first allows users to stream tracks at a much higher quality, while the second simulates sound in three-dimensional space. Apple does note that lossless audio will consume much more data than non-lossless streaming. Additionally, Dolby Atmos with Spatial Audio support isn’t available for every song or artist. Lossless… Read full this story
- Eros Now to Introduce Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision Support for Select Content
- Vudu brings first Dolby Atmos and Vision streaming titles to Vizio
- Yamaha RX-V483 review: No Dolby Atmos, no problem
- LeEco Brings Boundary-Breaking Ecosystem Model To The U.S.
- Why It Still Matters Which Music Streaming Service You Sign Up For
- Spotify vs. Apple Music: Which music streaming service to choose?
- Vudu brings 4K movies to Roku 4
- Roku unveils five new streaming boxes with prices as low as $30
- BOLT 0.86 (beta)
- Technics Returns To Electronics And Announces Streaming Music Service
HomePod 15.1 beta brings back lossless streaming, Dolby Atmos have 289 words, post on appleinsider.com at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.